CV Preparation Instructions for Chairs & Staff
Faculty Information Reporting
Curriculum Vita (updated through Dec. 2016)
- Faculty members prepare CVs using a format consistent with colleagues in their discipline.
- When CVs are completed and turned in, chairs should ensure that they meet their approval.
- Once reports have been approved, convert them to Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). This is a relatively simple task—as easy as printing a document. To create PDFs, staff will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat, which can be purchased through the IS&T at minimal cost. Many departments should already have this capability.John Medlock (3-5107) will be available to assist those who are unfamiliar with the process of creating PDFs.
- Files should be named using the prefix “CV_” and the faculty member’s last name in small case letters (Ex. P.C. Tai – CV_tai.pdf; George Rainbolt – CV_rainbolt.pdf). If there are two members of the department with the same last name, please add a hyphen and the first letter of the first name (Yuan Liu – CV_liu-y.pdf; Zhi-Ren Liu – CV_liu-z.pdf).
- Departments should send all files by email to John Medlock by February 10, 2017 (they are due to departments from faculty in 1/20/17).